What Are Cookies?
2. Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information.
3. Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, Etico Group) are called "first party cookies". Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called "third party cookies". Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
Why Are Cookies Used?
4. First and third-party cookies are used for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for a website to operate, and we refer to these as "essential" or "strictly necessary" cookies. Other cookies also enable businesses to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on a website. Third parties serve cookies through our Website for advertising, analytics and other purposes.
Cookies Used by Etico Group Limited
5. To confirm, we only use third party cookies on our Website for analytical purposes. Our Website is therefore not reliant on your acceptance of cookies for functionality purposes.
|cookieControl||Used to determine whether cookie consent preferences have been selected.|
|cookieControlPrefs||Used to store cookie consent preferences.|
|_ga||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gid||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gat||Used to throttle request rate.|
7. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
|_hjClosedSurveyInvites||Hotjar cookie that is set once a user interacts with an External Link Survey invitation modal. It is used to ensure that the same invite does not reappear if it has already been shown.|
|_hjDonePolls||Hotjar cookie that is set once a user completes a survey using the On-site Survey widget. It is used to ensure that the same survey does not reappear if it has already been filled in.|
|_hjMinimizedPolls||Hotjar cookie that is set once a user minimizes an On-site Survey widget. It is used to ensure that the widget stays minimized when the user navigates through your site.|
|_hjShownFeedbackMessage||Hotjar cookie that is set when a user minimizes or completes Incoming Feedback. This is done so that the Incoming Feedback will load as minimized immediately if the user navigates to another page where it is set to show.|
|_hjSessionTooLarge||Causes Hotjar to stop collecting data if a session becomes too large. This is determined automatically by a signal from the WebSocket server if the session size exceeds the limit.|
|_hjid||Hotjar cookie that is set when the customer first lands on a page with the Hotjar script. It is used to persist the Hotjar User ID, unique to that site on the browser. This ensures that behavior in subsequent visits to the same site will be attributed to the same user ID.|
|_hjRecordingLastActivity||This should be found in Session storage (as opposed to cookies). This gets updated when a user recording starts and when data is sent through the WebSocket (the user performs an action that Hotjar records).|
|_hjTLDTest||When the Hotjar script executes we try to determine the most generic cookie path we should use, instead of the page hostname. This is done so that cookies can be shared across subdomains (where applicable). To determine this, we try to store the _hjTLDTest cookie for different URL substring alternatives until it fails. After this check, the cookie is removed.|
|_hjUserAttributesHash||User Attributes sent through the Hotjar Identify API are cached for the duration of the session in order to know when an attribute has changed and needs to be updated.|
|_hjCachedUserAttributes||This cookie stores User Attributes which are sent through the Hotjar Identify API, whenever the user is not in the sample. These attributes will only be saved if the user interacts with a Hotjar Feedback tool.|
|_hjLocalStorageTest||This cookie is used to check if the Hotjar Tracking Script can use local storage. If it can, a value of 1 is set in this cookie. The data stored in_hjLocalStorageTest has no expiration time, but it is deleted almost immediately after it is created.|
|_hjIncludedInPageviewSample||This cookie is set to let Hotjar know whether that user is included in the data sampling defined by your site's pageview limit.|
|_hjIncludedInSessionSample||This cookie is set to let Hotjar know whether that user is included in the data sampling defined by your site's daily session limit.|
|_hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress||This cookie is used to detect the first pageview session of a user. This is a True/False flag set by the cookie.|
|_hjFirstSeen||This is set to identify a new user’s first session. It stores a true/false value, indicating whether this was the first time Hotjar saw this user. It is used by Recording filters to identify new user sessions.|
|_hjViewportId||This stores information about the user viewport such as size and dimensions.|
|_hjRecordingEnabled||This is added when a Recording starts and is read when the recording module is initialized to see if the user is already in a recording in a particular session.|
9. Google Ads may set a variety of cookies which vary depending on whether our visitors are signed in to different Google services. Please read Google's Advertising Cookies guide for more information.
|_fbp||Identifies browsers for the purposes of providing advertising and site analytics services|
|_fbc||Used to track Facebook Ad click identifiers|
|_ttp||To measure and improve the performance of advertising campaigns and to personalize the user's experience (including ads) on TikTok|
|_tt_enable_cookie||To measure and improve the performance of advertising campaigns and to personalize the user's experience (including ads) on TikTok|
|_tt_sessionId||To measure and improve the performance of advertising campaigns and to personalize the user's experience (including ads) on TikTok|
|MUID||This is a Microsoft cookie that contains a GUID assigned to your browser. It gets set when you interact with a Microsoft property, including a UET beacon call or a visit to a Microsoft property through the browser.|
|_uetmsclkid||This is the Microsoft Click ID, which is used to improve the accuracy of conversion tracking.|
|_uetsid||This contains the session ID for a unique session on the site.|
|_uetvid||UET assigns this unique, anonymized visitor ID, representing a unique visitor. UET stores this data in a first-party cookie.|
13. If you have any queries regarding how we collect Cookies, please contact our Head of Compliance Ashley Wilson via email email@example.com.